Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Packing for my Field Trip with Paul


Tomorrow begins my field trip with Paul; getting to know him better and finding myself, and my faith, in the process. I formed this crush on Paul last summer when I was going through an uncertain period in my life; looking for affirmation, purpose, and faith.
I was obedient when Jesus asked me to move to Nineveh. I was obedient but I have not had the continued faith that I try to represent to many that know me. I sought my bookshelves for a book that would find me exactly where I am right now and it is the bible study that will take me on a journey with Paul; his journey of faith. He wrote those letters in the bible for me and I know that this book will be a reminder of every word he wrote to me and every word I came to cling to last summer when my faith wavered.
As I begin this walk of faith; learning more of Paul…and myself, I will blog these 90 days in a different way than my usual storytelling, while still keeping my personality and my fervor for his favor.
Each day will be broken up into four pieces with little detours thrown in where Jesus lets me be the spokesperson He created me to be.   =D
·         Before You Begin: is the set of scriptures that will lay the groundwork for insight into the life of Paul and into my own….here in Nineveh.
·         Stop and Consider: will be the one piece of scripture to focus on for that day, pulled from our beginning verses.
·         Questions Asked of Me: will be the personal parts of my story to help me emulate Paul and hopefully help others in identifying with me….letting me know that I am not alone in this journey.
·         Praying God’s Word Today: is a prayer between me and Jesus (and those along for the ride) to keep me accountable, grateful, and open to any “echoes” to get me back on track to my faith and footwork and not fear of the unknown of tomorrow because Jesus is already there.
My backpack is packed. I have pens and a brand new covered composition book. I have my pink blinged out laptop, my New Life Application Study Bible and my Women of Faith Devotional Bible at my fingertips. I have prayed for an open heart (we know how that went) and I am always eager to learn what this book has to teach.
“I wish before God,” replied Paul, “that whether easily or with difficulty, not only you but all who listen to me today might become as I am – except for these chains.” Acts 26:29
I wish to become more like Paul. I know we should all strive to be like Jesus but he was perfect and that seems so unattainable. Being like Paul, who lived his whole life trying to be like Jesus is what I am looking for in these next 90 days.
Join me on this journey in getting to know Paul and learn by his trials and triumphs, what living in faith is really like.

No comments:

Post a Comment