Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day Twenty-One: Just Rewards


Today is the last day of the “Made to Crave” 21 Day Challenge but leads into the first day of the real challenge; maintaining the freshness with the full on bible study and continuing to be accountable to Kathy (a fellow Lyla taking this journey with me), my family, and my blog. I love the transparency that comes from spilling my chunky self into words; allowing others to see the real me that He wants to see be better, thinner, healthier, and happier. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t see my weight as a direct relation to my happiness but I am already elated at knowing that I am headed in the right direction spiritually which makes me feel better physically.
Lysa had great insights on her devotion today and I never like to “cut and paste” too much from her but this had to be shared:
“Eating wisely can become more than just a diet. It can become our lifestyle! But better yet, we position our hearts to enjoy closeness and fulfillment with God for eternity!” “To him who overcomes, I will give the right to eat from the tree of life, which is in the paradise of God.” Revelation 2:7…. “Aren’t you encouraged to see that overcoming is possible? We can be more than just a woman who hide our struggles or deal with them just enough to survive. This verse in Revelation says “the one who overcomes.” In other words, it confirms that we can find absolute victory in an area where we once knew nothing but defeat. There’s reward awaiting those of us who press through our struggles all the way to absolute victory.”
Whew.
Am I encouraged? Absolutely! They say if you want proof… look to the bible. If I didn’t buy into all that I have read in Lysa’s book, I can find exactly where she is coming from simply by flipping the pages of my bible. I love that she has done the work for me in pointing out scripture to validate each point she makes. I am encouraged that overcoming is possible. Not just overcoming this journey to weight loss but overcoming in general. I have been able to overcome many things since letting Jesus in; shouldn’t that be proof enough that He can help me to overcome something so silly as a few pounds? Seeming small in comparison. I looooove when Lysa says….. “it confirms that we can find absolute victory in an area where we once knew nothing but defeat.” I have tried and succeeded at weight loss but I have tried and been defeated ten times over. Even in my successes I never experienced absolute victory and I look forward to sharing the ups and downs; trying to be the spokesperson He created me to be.
Absolute victory. Hmmmmm….  “Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.” James 1:12
I love this scripture and keep it close as a “promise to those who love him.”
I am excited at the possibilities this bible study has opened up. I love being able to answer the thought provoking questions Lysa puts out there in the participant’s guide and DVD. Not only has it been a way to get me on the right track physically, it is allowing me to grow spiritually, and has opened up a door to a new friendship in my accountability partner. This study has also bridged the 2500 mile gap between my mom and I as we compare notes and energize each other with topical references and “food for thought.”
I have an end goal of 175 pounds and I know that I will reach it. I have smaller goals (baby steps) before getting there and I am excited to reach each and every one of those. I want to wear some of those smaller jeans in the back of my closet to the She Speaks Conference in North Carolina this summer. I know that I can be at least 190 before heading to Charlotte and meeting the author of this study. Who knows… I may even be able to zip up those jeans without lying on the bed and tuck in a shirt so that a belt will be seen; I might even have to go belt shopping before the weekend with Lylas…learning how to be better cheerleaders for Him whether it be speaking, writing, or leading. This is the end of the 21 Day Challenge but it is not the end of learning to crave more of God and less of food.
And I couldn’t say it better than my bible crush Paul, so I quote:
“Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 3:12-14
Me too, Paul. Me too.

No comments:

Post a Comment