Sunday, November 21, 2010

Hello World

I didn’t know what to write today. I have had lots of things cross my path but wasn’t sure what Jesus had in mind to include in my blog. I have a few half finished entries that start off strong but then I just feel I am writing to write and forcing the finish because I am not quite sure what he wants me to say. This blog is my journal. It is personal and it what I feel. When I write it is purely to show how he works in my life in hopes that someone else will be inspired, feel hopeful, or just realize they are not alone and they can leave their pity party whenever they want to.

When someone says “Hello World” I immediately envision something a baby would say; inquisitive, excited, anxious to get things started, they are a new creation with the world at their fingertips….a clean slate. But didn’t God tell us that we can be born again through Him? We don’t have to be physically born again to have that new beginning.
“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come.” 2Corinthians 5:17  
We are born perfect but it doesn’t last. So what happens when we make a mistake? “Oh well, it’s all over now. No chance of being perfect so I guess I will just continue to walk down the path I have chosen.”  NO…. I know that for a fact because I lived that way for a while. I pretended it didn’t bother me when people didn’t like me. I acted as if it were no big deal when passed over for a promotion; assuming I just wasn’t good enough. Before my relationship with Jesus I didn’t believe in second chances; either giving them to people or asking them from anyone. Forgiveness was not something I practiced and “Do Overs” were just opportunities given in golf; no mulligans for life.
But…it isn’t that way at all. Each day is a new day and “just as Christ was raised from the dead through glory of the Father, we too may live a new life.” Romans 6:4
How many of us have judged people based on their appearance or where they have been? How many times they have been married or what color their skin is? If they have tattoos or just have “that” look? Everyone has the opportunity to receive the gift of grace. I can say that because I know many that wouldn’t have given me a second chance; even though I felt I deserved one; He did. I didn’t offer forgiveness to people but then found myself wanting nothing more from those I harmed.
While we can never earn our salvation, it does come with responsibilities. We have a calling to live up to…almost as if we are paying it forward. What we do or don’t do is a reflection on Jesus, good or bad. “We are therefore Christ’s ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ’s behalf: Be reconciled to God.” 2Corinthians 5:20
God didn’t only love the ones that were rich, healthy, law abiding, and religious. He sought out the lost. He gave us his son to die for our sins so that we could not only receive second chances but give them…freely.
 I didn’t know what I would write about today but then I received an email from a Lyla that has become very dear to me. I don’t even remember meeting her but there she sat in a room full of other women…hearing my testimony. I wasn’t even sure I could do it; even days before I was scheduled to share; but women of my bible study encouraged me and lifted me up…confirming it was the right thing to do and I couldn’t share how great he was without telling them everything. I wasn’t there to talk about how terrible my life was but to share with them what my life was before Jesus, how I became a Christian, and what my life is like now…after accepting that personal relationship. Janet has become more than a woman that just happened to be at my testimony that day. I feel like we are virtual pen pals and I am thrilled that she found me online. I love that just when I think I couldn’t have more friends than the ones He has already given me… he finds a way to weave them into my life.
I didn’t know what I would write about today and then there it was. An email with a song attached; a video. “Hello World.” A reminder of looking past what you see on the outside and wonder who people are; What’s their story? Who waits for them? Who are they waiting for? What has Jesus done in their lives? What is he waiting to do? How do we fit into the plan….maybe not even realizing it?
On October 11, 2009…I said “Hello World,” accepting Jesus as my personal savior. (And boy did I need saving). It was a new world, unlike any I had ever seen. There were dark spots but I soon learned that those weren’t going away because I was a Christian; but I would no longer be going through them alone. He has made sure that I know He is always with me but just in case that weren’t enough…he continues to bring me these amazing women who have come to mean so much. New beginnings. Second Chances. Forgiveness, Grace, and Mercy.
“Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.” Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
Look past the tattoos and brokenness. Don’t judge people based on what they have or haven’t done. Make them feel welcome and be ambassadors for Jesus. See into the heart of the person He put in your life and enjoy finding out what His plan is for you. I don’t know where I would be today if I didn’t accept his love for me. I can’t imagine how different the last six months would have been if he did not put me in a room full of “Ambassadors for Jesus.” They have been beside me from the beginning because Jesus opened their hearts and asked them to care for me….and they did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X1BjnJe67JI&feature=related
            Well,Hello World
How you been
Good see you, my old friend
Sometimes I feel, cold as steel
Broken like I’m never gonna heal
I see a light
Little grace, little faith
Hello world

Sometimes I forget what living’s for
And I hear my life through my front door
And I’ll breathe it in
Oh I’m home again

All the empty disappears
I remember why I’m here
Just surrender and believe
I fall down on my knees
Oh hello world
Hello world
Hello world

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thrilled to be an ambassador for Jesus and especially to be your virtual pen pal. Your words are eloquent and beautiful along with the hands making the world. We are all on this incredible sometimes frightening journey together. Only God can carry us through the mountains and valleys of life. He awaits us in the end with open arms. As we stand before Him he'll ask, "What did you do with everything I gave you?" My prayer is we will answer, "I loved with your eyes, your hands, and your heart and used it all for your glory." Gidgette (Lylas) you are looking more and more like Him. You are a life transformed and a beautiful cheerleader for Him. P.S. I hope He keeps right on increasing the team!!! Much Love in Him, Janet

    ReplyDelete